If you’re a bit of a beauty fanatic like us here at OBVS. you’ll know by know that beauty and technology is not all a new concept. New gadgets are being developed for at-home use and the results can be staggering. We’ve rounded up the 10 best skincare and beauty gadgets that you should buy in 2020, for a completely transformed complexion.
Skincare and beauty gadgets can help you achieve your skin goals, including skin cleansing, brightening and even anti-aging. There are an abundance of nifty beauty gadgets available on the market but it can be difficult to sift through them all and find the ones that work.
We’ve taken some time to find the top 10 beauty and skincare gadgets that actually deliver results. Below is the complete list of items that will give you that glow your skin deserves.
1/10 Foreo Luna 2 Facial Brush
The Foreo Luna 2 (£111.75) is an electronic facial brush designed to massage the face and deliver a deep but gentle clean. You may be wondering whether the price tag is justified but we think it’s definitely worth every penny, here’s why;
Using the Foreo Luna 2 is like receiving a mini-facial every time. The first step involves applying a cleanser and circling the Luna 2 around the whole face for roughly a minute. The vibrations and texture clears up your skin, removing 99.5% of dirt, makeup, residue, dead skin cells as well as blackheads. This means a vibrant, brighter complexion and minimised pore size.
Step 2 is activating the anti-aging mode which seeks to massage the face and promote circulation where it’s needed. This means better transport of blood, oxygen and nutrients to the skin which can help reduce the signs of aging.
The product is USB rechargeable and water resistant, offering up to 450 uses per battery charge. A built-in timer ensures you don’t overcleanse, get this product to completely transform the way you cleanse your face.
2/10 Sdara Microneedle Derma Roller
If you haven’t already heard of dermarolling you’re in for a treat. Dermarolling is a form of microneedling, or collagen induction therapy. This treatment seeks to create tiny punctures in the skin, therefore stimulating collagen production as well as boosting cell turnover.
Regular use of a Sdara dermaroller (£14.97) will therefore promote a luminous, youthful and health-looking complexion. Below is the correct procedure when using a dermaroller:
- Sterilize dermaroller: An essential step to prevent nasties from getting under your skin. Remember that you’re creating hundreds of small skin punctures so you want to ensure the instrument is clean.
- Wash your face: Wash your face using a gentle cleanser, pat dry with a towel.
- Gentle roll dermaroller on face: Gently apply pressure to the dermaroller and roll it over facial skin. Make sure you go up-down, left-right as well as diagonally. Do about 4-5 passes in each direction, make sure you’re gentle around sensitive areas such as the eye and mouth.
- Apply serum: This is an essential step, dermarolling can help serums penetrate deeper into the skin therefore improving effectiveness. Follow up with a moisturiser to seal the deal.
- Sterilize dermaroller: Sterilize the dermaroller again using isopropyl alcohol and you’re done.
That’s all there is to it, the treatment can be repeated every couple of weeks with a 0.25mm needle length (as is the product above). Below is the summary of benefits from dermarolling or microneedling:
- Stimulates collagen production
- Tightens pores
- Fades acne scars and age spots
- Helps improve product absorption
Happy rolling 😉
3/10 Sunmay Sonic Eye Massager
Most of us suffer from tired looking eyes, whether this be through sleep-deprivation, allergies or lifestyle choices. Dark circles can really take a toll on our complexions, but this sonic eye massager has you covered.
This sonic eye massager by Sunmay (£27.99) uses vibrations and heat to stimulate the eye and facial area. This promotes blood circulation around the eyes, and can reduce eye swelling and inflammation. Below is a summary of the key benefits of using this product:
- Minimises eye bags: By massaging the skin this wand can help to promote blood flow and therefore minimise eye bags and puffiness
- Removes dark circles: Dark circles are often a product of thinning skin around the eye, making the blood vessels underneath more visible. By promoting blood flow to the eye area, the skin will be more plump and dark circles will be minimised.
- Minimise crow’s feet and fine lines: By stimulating blood and oxygen flow around the eye area this product can minimise signs of aging
- Improves product absorption: Improved circulation to the skin will mean better absorption of skincare creams and serums
Another additional benefit of this product is that it incorporates blue wave technology which is anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory. Note that this product can be used anywhere on the face, not only on the eye area. We’re big fans of this product and the massaging effect can be very therapeutic, perfect for a relaxing weekend.
4/10 Liberex RF100 Facial Cleansing Brush
The Liberex RF100 (£15.99) is my favourite facial cleansing brush. This brush offers excellent cleansing and exfoliating capability with changeable brush heads, and 2 speed settings. If you have sensitive skin this device has you covered.
It can be difficult to get a deep clean when just using your fingers, and exfoliating scrubs can be hard on the skin at times. This electronic face brush uses soft bristles and a rotating motion to deeply cleanse and massage the skin, getting rid of blackheads, impurities and makeup.
Below are a few added benefits of this brush:
- IPX7 Waterproof: An excellent waterproofing standard, this means you can use the brush in the shower.
- 2 Speed Functions: Low speed for gently massaging the skin and for those with sensitive skin. High speed for an complete exfoliating treatment.
- Large Battery Capacity: More time in between charges, with daily use the battery will last up to 4 weeks.
This brush is perfectly safe for daily use, combine it with your favourite cleanser for a mini facial.
5/10 24k Beauty Bar
What is a beauty bar? Well, a magical vibrating massager that can immediately boost skin radiance. This is a stunning 24k beauty bar by Amirce (£15.71) at a very reasonable price point.
Daily use of this facial massager can help to make your skin look younger and healthier by promoting blood circulation and minimising fine lines and wrinkles.
By promoting blood flow to the skin product absorption is also improved. This means you’re squeezing more out of every treatment you use. Below are some of the key benefits of using a beauty bar;
- Relieves stress and tension: Using a beauty bar is like receiving a mini spa treatment. This can help reduce stress levels therefore improving the quality of your skin.
- Instant facelift: By promoting blood flow to the skin you’re effectively tightening it. This can immediately lift the skin and make it look younger.
- Promotes removal of toxins: The facial massager stimulates the lymphatic system, this can promote oxygen flow as well as removal of toxins from the skin
Not only can this beauty bar be used on the face though, but also on the neck, waist, chin, arms, legs and buttocks. It also comes with two attachments so you can target different areas of the face and body.
6/10 Project-E LED Photon Skin Mask
This LED face mask by Project-E (£159.99) is an excellent mid-range light therapy mask with various benefits for the skin. Continued use of this mask can deliver spa-like results.
LED face masks use different colours and intensities of light to penetrate the skin and manage concerns such as aging, acne, and skin inflammation. Some of the primary benefits of using this mask are as follows:
- Reduces inflammation. This Project-E photon mask can reduce skin inflammation and redness associated with acne and other skin conditions.
- Can help acne sufferers. The high-intensity blue light used can help to kill the P.Acnes bacteria responsible for acne formation.
- Anti-Aging. The high intensity red light used in an LED face mask treatment can penetrate deep into the skin layers to boost collagen production. Boosting collagen production can improve skin elasticity and reduce signs of aging.
- Promotes blood circulation. The light emitted by an LED face mask can help boost blood circulation to facial skin, which will plump the skin and help to transport toxins away.
This mask also has a neck attachment which can help firm the neck and reduce neck sagging and wrinkles. This is a complete at-home facial treatment which will deliver results, LED masks are popping amongst celebrities and influencers at the moment and it’s not hard to see why.
7/10 KINGA Nano Ionic Facial Steamer
I cannot emphasise the importance of a facial steamer enough if you’re looking for a true at-home spa experience. This Nano Ionic Facial Steamer by Kinga (£29.99) is a cheap gadget with excellent results in just one use.
Facial steamers are absolutely an essential beauty investment that can revolutionise your skincare regime. Below are a few benefits of using a facial steamer regularly:
- Cleanses deeply: By steaming your face you’re loosening up the debris in your pores and making it easy for extractions.
- Reduces and prevents acne: By cleansing deeply you can prevent clogged pores and therefore acne.
- Increased blood circulation: Facial steaming promotes blood vessel dilation and therefore blood flow to the skin. This means improved product absorption as well as more toxins being carried away from the skin.
- Skin glow: Facial steaming can offer a temporary skin glow as a result of the blood vessels dilating.
Facial steamers are a cheap gadget but a must-have for all skincare and beauty enthusiasts alike.
8/10 FitFort Blackhead Vacuum: Pore Cleansing Suction Tool
If you suffer from clogged pores and blackheads then this tool is for you. This is a pore vacuum by FitFort (£19.99), a relatively inexpensive gadget that can help cleanse and purify the skin using suction.
This pore cleanser uses light suction, like a vacuum cleaner to draw out those blackheads and any debris in your pores that can lead to breakouts. In my opinion this is a better solution than pore strips as it is less harsh, not to mention cheaper in the long run.
This pore vacuum can remove blackheads, whiteheads, grease, pollutants, makeup residue and any other debris congesting your skin. This pore vacuum has several suction settings and so is an effective solution for all skin types.
9/10 ANLAN Ultrasonic Facial Skin Scrubber
This ultrasonic facial scrubber by ANLAN (£22.08) is a multipurpose facial tool that can cleanse pores, deliver a deep clean as well as remove fine lines and wrinkles.
This gadget includes 4 primary functions;
- Ultrasonic Cleansing: High frequency vibrations penetrates the skin to effectively cleanse the pores
- Ion + derivation: Removes blackheads, acne, dead skin cells, make-up, dirt and other contaminants
- Ion-moisture: Improved skin product absorption, anti-aging and anti-wrinkle promoting benefits
- EMS lifting: Accelerate metabolism, renews skin cells and restores skin elasticity
These are effective methods to cleanse your face, remove dead skin cells, fight acne, improve product absorption, promote circulation to the face, and tighten the skin.
Deep cleansing of the skin is achieved with high frequency ultrasonic vibrations which works product deep into the skin and breaks up any debris causing black heads and blemishes. It’s through this vibration that exfoliation is also achieved revealing a healthy underlying glow. These vibrations can also promote blood flow and production absorption, hence providing skin firming and anti-aging benefits.
10/10 Lescolton Lip Plumper
Light therapy is not at all a new treatment, dermatologists have been using it for many years. What is relatively new is light therapy that you can do at-home, with LED face masks and now lip plumpers.
This lip plumper by Lescolton (£79.99) uses red light therapy to help plump up and create voluptuous, sexy lips with daily use.
Light therapy helps promote blood circulation to the lips and promote collagen production. This will improve the volume of your lips while reducing fine lines and wrinkles around the lip area, including smile lines.
Red light also promotes skin healing, and minimises damage from the sun and other cuts or sores on the lip area; this can also help fade scars. All you have to do is bite down on the gadget and wait for three minutes, regular use will completely transform those lips!
2 responses to “The 10 Best Skincare And Beauty Gadgets To Buy In 2020”
These look like some really cool gadgets, I have heard of the Foreo Luna brush and I want to get it some point. I need to add these to my wish list. The blog was very informative and really well written. I loved it
The Foreo Luna is a fantastic brush and a favourite here at Obviously Skincare, definitely consider purchasing it!
Thank you for your positive feedback, we hope you enjoyed the article.
– OS Team