The Ordinary boast a superb range of products which can help tackle acne scars. Acne scars are a complication which develop after acne has cleared up. These can present themselves as dips in the skin, raised areas of skin, and enlarged pores. Risk of acne scarring is increased by popping and picking acne, genetics, and by not seeking treatment. We’ve created a regimen using only products by The Ordinary to tackle these acne scars, boost skin cell turnover, and minimise pore appearance to give you the complexion you deserve.
The Ordinary Regimen For Acne Scars
Before you continue reading, if you still suffer from acne make sure you check out our guide: The Ordinary Regimen For Acne.
The purpose of a good AM and PM routine is to boost skin cell turnover and collagen production. This will tighten the skin, minimise pore appearance, and help fade those acne scars sooner.
- Squalane Cleanser: Cleansing is an essential process regardless of your skin type to wash away any oil, dirt and pollutants which can clog your pores and dull your complexion. This squalane cleanser is a gentle but effective formulation at a good price point.
- Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5: Hyaluronic acid is a god send ingredient for those suffering from acne scarring. It will immediately plump the skin, reducing the depth and appearance of skin dips. Continued use will also improve collagen synthesis, tighten the skin and combat dryness.
- Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%: Vitamin C is a fantastic antioxidant which brightens the complexion and helps to fade hyperpigmentation. The antioxidative properties of Vitamin C also help to fight skin damaging free radicals and boost collagen production.
- Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA: Moisturising is critical step of any skincare regime. NMF’s work to provide a protective barrier on the outer layer of the skin. Not only will these protect the skin from pollutants and free radical damage, but it also means the skin’s moisture is locked in.
- Mineral UV Filters SPF 30 with Antioxidants: This SPF solution neutralises free radicals, reduces transepidermal water loss and helps the skin stay hydrated for longer. Applying SPF also prevents the skin from being damaged by harmful UVA/UVB rays.
- Squalane Cleanser: Cleansing twice a day is crucial, this squalane cleanser is effective for both nighttime and daytime use.
- Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5: Hyaluronic acid immediately boosts skin moisture and plumps the skin. Not only will this reduce signs of aging, but it will also combat dryness from any acid treatments.
- Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%: Azelaic acid is an exfoliant which can help fade hyperpigmentation associated with acne scarring. Azelaic acid also possesses anti-inflammatory and acne-battling qualities.
- Retinol 1% in Squalane: Retinol is a form of Vitamin A which works to boost skin cell turnover, this can accelerate scar healing. By boosting collagen synthesis, a more youthful complexion is achieved (with continued use).
- Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA: As with the morning routine, this moisturiser will help lock in moisture and keep your skin hydrated. Adequate skin hydration helps it perform at it’s best.
Use 1-2 times a week: The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution
This 10 minute exfoliating treatment will help slough off the outermost layer of facial skin. This can brighten and even skin tone, fade hyperpigmentation, regulate sebum production, clear blackheads, and boost collagen production.
Things to look out for
Remember, consistency is always key with any new skincare regime. The above routines will reduce the appearance of acne scarring with continued use. Always remember that you can swap out any of the above products for ones you already own.
This routine has the potential to increase skin sensitivity to sunlight. Applying SPF is a must, and ensure you moisturise to prevent dryness.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this read, let us know what you think in the comments 🙂