Large pores can take a significant toll on your complexion. There are many causes for large or enlarged pores, including sun damage, aging and genetics. We’ve put together a simple regimen for large pores using only products by the ordinary that can help to minimise the size of your pores.
The Ordinary Regimen For Large Pores
We’ve put together two routines, one for daytime and another for nighttime. Both of these routines include the most effective products by The Ordinary which are proven to minimise pore size and appearance. We’ve linked each product to make them easier to find!
- Squalane Cleanser: Cleansing your skin is essential to get rid of unwanted dirt, oil and pollutants that can clog your pores. Often large pores are a result of oily skin or overactive sebaceous glands, it is therefore essential that you get an effective skin cleanse at the start of your regime. This squalane cleanser is a gentle but effective formulation at a reasonable price point.
- Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution: Glycolic acid is an AHA which can work to increase skin cell turnover, boost collagen production and prevent blemishes and acne. By boosting collagen production you can tighten the skin around the pores and make them appear smaller.
- Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%: Niacinamide is a form of Vitamin B-3 which can work to tackle skin congestion and blemishes. Niacinamide is excellent at regulating sebum production, and can therefore help those suffering from oily skin. By reducing skin oiliness, pore size is dramatically reduced.
- Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA: Moisturising is critical step of any skincare regime. NMF’s work to provide a protective barrier on the outer layer of the skin. Not only will these protect the skin from pollutants and free radical damage, but it also means the skin’s moisture is locked in.
- Mineral UV Filters SPF 30 with Antioxidants: This SPF solution neutralises free radicals, reduces transepidermal water loss and helps the skin stay hydrated for longer.
- High-Adherence Silicone Primer: This is an excellent skin primer which works to blur and matte the skin, reducing the appearance of pores and imperfections.
- Squalane Cleanser: Cleansing twice a day is crucial, this squalane cleanser is effective for both nighttime and daytime use.
- Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5: Hyaluronic acid immediately boosts skin moisture and plumps the skin. Not only will this reduce signs of aging, but it can also help minimise pore appearance.
- Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%: A potent anti-oxidant solution which will work to combat free radical damage as well as brighten and tighten the complexion overnight.
- Retinol 1% in Squalane: (Never use with Vitamin-C, use on alternate days instead.) Retinol is one of the most potent anti-aging and pore refining ingredients available on the skincare market. Retinol will help to promote collagen synthesis with continued use, tightening the skin and pores.
- 100% Plant-Derived Squalane (Optional): Squalane is an excellent skin moisturiser with anti-aging and sebum regulating properties. This step is optional as the retinol formulation already contains squalane, if however you suffer from dry skin best to apply this serum.
Note that you likely won’t see results overnight. Reducing the size of your pores is a slow process, you should definitely begin to see results at the 3 month mark. Consistency is key!
Any questions or comments? Leave them down below 🙂